So about those noodles we all have been waiting for. Well, ok, so maybe not everyone. I have been on a bit of an asian food inspiration kick lately. I have been watching several vloggers in japan and the food, the vegan food that is, just looks so simple and good. Ill return to the vloggers in anther post. 🙂
Soba noodles are made from buckwheat and are brown, does not have to be cooked very long and are very tasty. You can serve them in lots of ways, and I am definitely no expert on that. I have had them in ramen soup and cold with a dipping sauce.
Recipe for the cold soba noodles with dipping sauce interpreted by me:
Mix the dipping sauce:
- heat up about 2.5 dl of water
- ad about a fourth of an umami bullion cube and…
- about 1/2 dl of soy sauce
- mix in 1 tbs of honey
- and a splash of rice vinegar
- You can also add a bit of ginger and/or wasabi, which I forgot so I can’t tell you if that is a good idea or not.
Boil the noodles, do as the packet says, strain and rinse in cold water, place the noodles on a plate with a little bowl of the dipping sauce, some fresh veggies, and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
Tada!!! If you have fun chopsticks, extra points for you!